updated March 17, 2007
Tide Tool 2.3 Beta
Version 2.3 beta 4, 994,655 bytes, posted
|Caution: This is
"beta" software. It has been tested by a
handful of knowledgeable users, and is believed to be free of
nontrivial problems. But it has not been widely
If you encounter problems installing or running this
version, please email me
and report the problem, so I can fix it. Please
include any error message you get, and tell me how you got
|What's New in Tide Tool
This is a relatively minor update, mainly to incorporate Daylight
Savings Time changes.
- Conforms to 2007 Daylight Savings Time changes for U.S., Canada
and Western Australia
- Incorporates latest NOAA data for U.S. tides
- Some minor bugs and annoyances have been fixed (or at least
improved), including neater use of expansion memory directories.
- Covers years 1905 - 2031
The locations database in this version is partially
- U.S. tidal location data (except Hawaii) are from the NOAA web
site as of Feb. 2007. Many places and place names have
changed from the last release. Before reporting a missing or
misnamed location, please check the location on NOAA's
tide prediction pages.
- U.S. currents, and all other tidal locations, are unchanged from
the previous version.
- Some locations near the border of a region may have slipped into
the adjacent region, or been omitted.
Some or all of these may be further updated before the final
release of version 2.3.
CAUTION: Tide Tool uses unverified tide and current data
which comes from many sources and has not been
exhaustively tested. Check Tide Tool against your
local tide tables to verify the data for your
location. Do not rely exclusively on this
software where safety of life and property is at